Sunday, August 28, 2016
Kabul (BNA) The National Security Council has blamed what it said a cowardly attack on the Afghan-American University of being plotted beyond the Duran Line.
The presidential office has also said that President Ghani, in a telephone contact with the Pakistani Army Chief of Staff, Gen. Rahil Sharif asked him of launching investigation into the deadly incident and that the neighboring country should intensify anti-terrorist offensives against those organized that attack.
Pakistan’s Rahil vowed to do more to investigate into the issue and clarify those behind the conspiracy and provide report to the Afghan government about. Few days ago, a group of suicide attackers slummed their explosive packed car at the entrance gate of the Afghan-American University, leaving 13 people including one teacher, seven students, two guards and three security forces dead and up to 36, including students, staff and nine security cops injured some of them in critical condition.
The clash between the security personnel and the attackers took ten hours to end, after the suicide bombers blew the university neighboring wall and entered the campus, said the officials. Denouncing the attack, the country’s Chief Executive said the terrorists by attacking the scientific and cultural sites clearly demonstrated their enmity with the education of the country’s offspring and they by launching such cowardly attack, once again proved that they are not only against the development of education, but by their previously launching attack on the Islamic centers, like mosques, schools and other scientific and cultural proved they are a clear enemy of the people.
“But the people of Afghanistan, would never surrender to such wicked actions and would resist against all conspiracies, the enemy were organizing,” said the CE. Afghanistan based UNMA’s Deputy Special Envoy also condemned the attack and hoped the attack could not dishearten the students asking them to continue their education, despites terrorists’ anti-education activities. The Deputy Special Envoy to Afghanistan asked for brining those behind the plots to justice. The US Embassy to Afghanistan also denounced the attack and called it a coward action by militants against those students and staff working for development of Afghanistan. The ambassador vowed that they were committed for remaining alongside the Afghans to restore peace and stability in the war-torn nation and doing their best to provide the Afghan children with higher education for brightening the country’s future. The embassy expressed its readiness to cooperate the government of Afghanistan in trailing those involved in the deadly incident and bringing them to justice. The country’s ministry of higher educations also condemned the attack, saying the so-called Taliban once again revealed their anti-education feature to the world and that they by committing such action, once again proved their ignorance and idiotism and received disgusts from the Afghan and the world people. It said the terrorists could never hinder the way of the Afghan young generations to education and their services to the development of the country.